Why use social Media to build your business and should you use your personal profile or a business page?
Where else can you connect with so many people? Where else can you find exactly the people who are interested, not needing to bother anyone else?
- Social Media has 2,3 billion active users and Facebook alone has 1,7 billion.
- Internet Users have on average 5,4 Social Media accounts
- Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle 60 billion messages a day.
- Facebook adds 500.000 new users every day.
Most people do it the wrong order. They start promoting and promoting and promoting and doesn’t take the time to get the right people in front of their offers.
If you are doing this you seriously need to change your mindset. Your mindset shouldn’t be to sell, that’s not your primary objective on social media.
You want people to know like and trusts you and you want the right people to do that.
So start by growing your audience, lead with value, give them what they need. Be social, no one goes to Facebook to buy anything. You should only promote ones in a while – 80 % content and value!
It’s nothing more annoying than going on Facebook and ONLY seeing posts that are saying please buy from me I have goals to reach, I only need to sell one more to reach my goal etc.
These people are only thinking about the sell and that isn’t even the most important thing in your business, not if you want to be in it for the long run.
Sure, you need to sell but if you are doing it that way you might get some sales but you aren’t building up anything sustainable since you need to do it every day, pleading people to buy from you.
I mean - I think it’s annoying to see people in the same company as me nagging on about the products. I love the products - but seriously, I don’t want to see them every time I go on Social Media.
Your mindset needs to be on bringing value and helping people. Be someone that people turn to and get advice from, then they will buy from you, if they need your stuff, because they trust you.
And if you are in Network Marketing this is even more important - if you want to recruit new reps you need to build up a trust before they join. I would NEVER join anyone that are trying to grow their business by “forcing” people to buy.
Do posts that people want to read – it’s as simple as that.
Should you use your Personal Profile or build up a Business Page?
Personal profile - pros
- It shows you are committed to what you are doing
- Great way to build up a network of people who are like you
- Building relationships
- Share your lifestyle so they see what is possible
- It's free
Personal profile - cons
- You can only have 5000 friends (but you can have unlimited followers so there is a way to increase the number of people seeing your posts)
- It might attract the wrong people to see your posts, family and “real life” friends who aren’t at all interested
- It’s not scalabe – you need to be very consistent – hard work.
- Private messaging takes time
- Facebook can shut you down if they suspect you are doing business (not allowed)
- It takes a lot of time
Business Page -pros
- You can get laser-targeted customers that are ideal for YOUR business
- You can market to people who are engaging with your page
- You can do paid ads
- It's scalable - and ad can be shown to millions of people without more work for you
- You create your long-term brand
- You can show lifestyle here as well
- You have statistics and can analyze what's working or not
Business Page -cons
- It has a learning curve (I'm happy to shorten it for you)
- You have to pay to get people to see your posts
- You need to follow rules or your ad-account can be shut down.