Do you want to be a blogger but you have no idea what you are going to talk about? Maybe the first posts are easy but then you run out of ideas and you don’t know how to proceed.
First - consistency in your blogging frequency is important. Decide how many posts you can do a week and stick to that. Don’t post everyday one week and none the next week. Post regularly and if you can write a lot of posts one week you can save some until you need them, when the time just isn’t on your side.
Life happens 🙂
Before you start you need to know what your blog is going to be about. Are you blogging about health or your way towards a million dollars or maybe you are blogging about your lifestyle? Know what you want to say and then say it but keep it relevant to what you are selling or recruiting for. Don’t blog about healthy eating and try to sell candy.
Know your target market and ideal customer and blog for him/her!
So where do you find inspiration to your posts?
- Live training – everything you learn in a webinar for example could be turned into a blogpost. Your notes from trainings are goldmines. You probably have some old notes somewhere you can dig up and start producing content right away.
- Books – they are filled with knowledge and you can write one or more posts on every chapter of the book. Do a series if you want to – but don’t copy! Make it your own.
- Read other blogs in the same niche as you and get inspired but again don’t copy and if you use a lot of content from the same post link back to it.
- Facebook Groups and forums – for every question you see you can research the answer and turn it into a post.
- Your own questions, when you get the answer you can turn it in to a post
If you want to get a great start to your blog download this free report: The Anatomy of a Prefect Blogpost and learn the secrets of the Pros.
Now you have a few ideas about where to get content to write about – remember it’s almost your duty to teach what you learn so go and put out content to the market-place!
I have previously written about blogging in this post: Your blog: The About Me Page