If you are blogging for business-purposes the About Me Page is an important page to fill out. That is where people get to know you a little bit more if you aren't blogging about your life.
I find it quite difficult to write about my self, I don't know why because I am the one I know the best. Anyway I learned a formula that you can use to make your about me page effective and appealing.
Six things to include:
- Personality - Let your personality shine through and tell them a bit about yourself. Showing your personality in your writing means that you shouldn't write it like a essay or something - be natural. I find it a bit difficult since I am not blogging in my own language so I really don't know if I am writing to stiff or something but I think that is something that will come with time.
- Purpose of page - Tell your readers why your blog exists - what is it going to be about so they know what to expect.
- Contactinformation - Provide them with contact-information - you want them to easily be able to contact you right?
- Pictures - a couple of pictures of you and your family maybe and something else you want to show to help them to get to know you even better.
- Your favourite posts or the most popular - list some of your favorite posts or the most popular posts on the blog. Something that can help them understand your page.
- Fun Facts about yourself - write something about yourself that not necessarily is about what your blog is about. Who you are as a person. Can be anything!
Check out my About Me and let me know what you think 🙂
I hope this has helped, I have learned it from the lovely Chef Katrina over at Elite Marketing Pro.
If you liked this post, please share it with friends who might be interested and need it.